According to data released by Counterpoint on March 8, Apple will dominate all smartphones sold globally in 2021, with 7 of the top 10 being iPhones, and the iPhone taking the top 5.
According to published data, the 10 best-selling mobile phones in the world in 2021 are:
- Apple iPhone 12: 2.9% (the proportion of total mobile phone sales, the same below)
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max: 2.2%
- Apple iPhone 13: 2.1%
- Apple iPhone 12 Pro: 2.1%
- Apple iPhone 11: 2.0%
- Samsung Galaxy A12: 2.0%
- Xiaomi Redmi 9A: 1.9%
- Apple iPhone SE 2020: 1.6%
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max: 1.3%
- Xiaomi Redmi 9: 1.1%
According to Counterpoint, this is the best result ever for Apple's iPhone, with the top three models on the list contributing 41% of Apple's total sales.
The Apple iPhone 13, on the other hand, only went on sale in September 2021, but it still reached the third spot on the list.
The top 10 best-selling smartphones will account for 19% of total global smartphone sales in 2021, compared to 16% in 2020.